Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Comsol Multiphysics Heat Transfer

1. Jun 11, 2009 #1
    I have a problem where the coefficient of thermal conductivity changes as temperature changes. Where/how do I input this into comsol?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 23, 2009 #2
    just make a global expression for thermal conductivity as a function of temperature. it will work the rest out.

4. Jun 24, 2009 #3
    I don't know the equation for thermal conductivity as a function of temperature to do that. I was trying to find that equation, given over 2000 data points that plot conductivity versus Temperature.

I have since created a temperature profile(Thermal goggle view) by interpolating those data points. Now I'm trying to find the equation to the Temperature profile. Do you know how to go about doing this?

5. Jun 24, 2009 #4
    I would just suggest using MATLAB, input ur data points as a matrix and plot it, then use curve fitting.

6. Jun 26, 2009 #5
    Hey, Thanks again. I figured out how to do it. I went into post processing and plotted a line plot of the temperature along the z-axis. I then exported the data to a .txt file and opened it in Excel. Then I did the line fitting there.

Thanks again.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook