yottzumm Messages 10 Reaction score 0 Thread starter Mar 18, 2010 #1 Please tell me how conservation of energy and mass apply in QM. I want to confirm something I read somewhere about QM not conserving energy.
Please tell me how conservation of energy and mass apply in QM. I want to confirm something I read somewhere about QM not conserving energy.
jtbell Staff Emeritus Science Advisor Homework Helper 2025 Award Messages 16,110 Reaction score 8,522 Mar 18, 2010 #2 How about you tell us what you read, and then we can confirm whether that specific statement is valid?
How about you tell us what you read, and then we can confirm whether that specific statement is valid?
Dale Mentor Insights Author Messages 37,243 Reaction score 16,364 Mar 18, 2010 #3 As long as the Hamiltonian is symmetric under time translation then energy is conserved.
Gerenuk Messages 1,027 Reaction score 5 Mar 18, 2010 #4 Before the experts step in and cry out "not again" :) here is a link to a thread two days ago... https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=386968 What a shame that no-one referred to my reference in Baez's site where it talks about non-conservation of energy in virtual particles.
Before the experts step in and cry out "not again" :) here is a link to a thread two days ago... https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=386968 What a shame that no-one referred to my reference in Baez's site where it talks about non-conservation of energy in virtual particles.