Who is the mysterious singer in the viral video taking over the internet?

• Thread starter undrcvrbro
  • Start date
In summary, the video shows someone getting Rick Roll'd, which is a joke that has been around for awhile. The Rick Roll is funny, and it's a good video.
undrcvrbro
Physics news on Phys.org
I've Rick Roll'd so many people. I am going to rick roll one of my lecture halls in a few days. I am excited.

Damn, this is better than I THOUGHT it would be.

I don't get the deal with this thing! Didn't you uncultured thugs ever get exposed to the artistic stylings of Rick Astley during music appreciation class in grammar school?

Yes I've seen it, I don't get it though?

I think what they did to the prarie dog/Brittney fan etc on you tube thing after the last episode of South Park, they took all the highest hitting Youtube message threads and spammed them incessantly with I'm not your buddy, guy, I'm not your guy friend, I'm not your friend, buddy for about a week non stop afterwards, I LMAO. :biggrin: Now that's an internet sensation.

Last edited:
Why would anybody give a damn?

What's the joke?

Never mind. If I can't spare the time to watch a two minute video, I guess I don't care enough.

:rofl: So this is a pop up! Thats ten times more AWESOME!

BTW, this song is catchy. How did that 13 year old looking guy have such a deep voice?

gee, thanks, Bob :(

I was afraid to actually rick roll PF. I'm still a mere newcomer to this site and I thought it may be wise to not to p*ss off the whole forum. Thank you BobG!

Rickrolls have been around for awhile now - a millenium in internet time. I do wonder if Mr. Astley has seen sales on iTunes because of this whole business.

Also, Bob is right. You have to obscure the url and somehow make the rickroll unexpected.

:rofl: Bob that was awesome!

undrcvrbro said:
I was afraid to actually rick roll PF. I'm still a mere newcomer to this site and I thought it may be wise to not to p*ss off the whole forum. Thank you BobG!

Getting RICKROLL'D by a Rick Astley video isn't the worst thing that could happen to a person. I thought it was kind of cute. Having the pop-up move all over the screen making it difficult to hit the 'X' button was a nice touch. Having the words to the song come up in response to hitting the 'X' button was an even nicer touch.

It's not a bad video, either. :rofl:

It's a time-waster that could get old quick, but it's one of the more amusing time-wasters.

It isn't anything. How could I be offended by that? And on what planet would I live?

It's pointless, still so was the spamming Youtube to death. I've changed my mind it's all good in da hood. :smile:

Math Is Hard said:

Oh god, that guy looks freaky like janet jackson.

janet_jackson,0.jpg

tay.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cyrus said:
Oh god, that guy looks freaky like janet jackson.

He does look a little like her!

What does it mean to be "Rick Roll'd"?

Being "Rick Roll'd" refers to a popular internet prank in which a person is tricked into clicking on a link or watching a video that unexpectedly plays the song "Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Astley.

When did the "Rick Roll" phenomenon start?

The "Rick Roll" phenomenon gained popularity in 2007 when a user on the website 4chan posted a link to the music video disguised as a sneak peek for the highly anticipated video game, Grand Theft Auto IV.

Why is the "Rick Roll" prank so popular?

The "Rick Roll" prank became popular due to its unexpected nature and the catchy and cheesy nature of the song, making it a humorous and harmless prank to play on friends and internet users.

Is there a purpose to being "Rick Roll'd"?

No, being "Rick Roll'd" is simply a prank and does not serve any specific purpose other than to surprise and entertain the person who falls for it.

Has Rick Astley himself responded to the "Rick Roll" phenomenon?

Yes, Rick Astley has embraced the "Rick Roll" phenomenon and has even performed the song live at various events as a nod to the internet prank.