Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Consider yourself Rick Roll'd

1. Apr 7, 2008 #1
    Check out this little musical pandemic sweeping across the net..
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 8, 2008 #2
    I've Rick Roll'd so many people. Im going to rick roll one of my lecture halls in a few days. Im excited.

4. Apr 8, 2008 #3
    Damn, this is better than I THOUGHT it would be.

5. Apr 8, 2008 #4

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I don't get the deal with this thing! Didn't you uncultured thugs ever get exposed to the artistic stylings of Rick Astley during music appreciation class in grammar school?

6. Apr 8, 2008 #5
    Yes I've seen it, I don't get it though?

I think what they did to the prarie dog/Brittney fan etc on you tube thing after the last episode of South Park, they took all the highest hitting Youtube message threads and spammed them incessantly with I'm not your buddy, guy, I'm not your guy friend, I'm not your friend, buddy for about a week non stop afterwards, I LMAO. :biggrin: Now that's an internet sensation.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2008
  7. Apr 8, 2008 #6

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Last edited: Apr 8, 2008
  8. Apr 8, 2008 #7

turbo

Gold Member

Why would anybody give a damn?

9. Apr 8, 2008 #8

DaveC426913

Gold Member

What's the joke?

Never mind. If I can't spare the time to watch a two minute video, I guess I don't care enough.

10. Apr 8, 2008 #9
    :rofl: So this is a pop up!!! Thats ten times more AWESOME!!!

BTW, this song is catchy. How did that 13 year old looking guy have such a deep voice?

11. Apr 8, 2008 #10

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

gee, thanks, Bob :(

12. Apr 8, 2008 #11
    I was afraid to actually rick roll PF. I'm still a mere newcomer to this site and I thought it may be wise to not to p*ss off the whole forum. Thank you BobG!

13. Apr 8, 2008 #12
    Rickrolls have been around for awhile now - a millenium in internet time. I do wonder if Mr. Astley has seen sales on iTunes because of this whole business.

Also, Bob is right. You have to obscure the url and somehow make the rickroll unexpected.

14. Apr 8, 2008 #13
    :rofl: Bob that was awesome!

15. Apr 9, 2008 #14

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Getting RICKROLL'D by a Rick Astley video isn't the worst thing that could happen to a person. I thought it was kind of cute. Having the pop-up move all over the screen making it difficult to hit the 'X' button was a nice touch. Having the words to the song come up in response to hitting the 'X' button was an even nicer touch.

It's not a bad video, either. :rofl:

It's a time-waster that could get old quick, but it's one of the more amusing time-wasters.

16. Apr 9, 2008 #15
    It isn't anything. How could I be offended by that? And on what planet would I live?

It's pointless, still so was the spamming Youtube to death. I've changed my mind it's all good in da hood. :smile:

17. Jul 25, 2008 #16

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

18. Jul 25, 2008 #17
  19. Jul 25, 2008 #18
  20. Jul 25, 2008 #19
  21. Jul 25, 2008 #20

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?