1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Considering to become a Rocket Scientist- Help

1. Mar 18, 2009 #1
    Although i'm sure i might change my mind, i want to become a rocket scientist. Though i have a few questions:

1.Where would be a preferable place to work
    2.where would be a good place to live- nice house, good schools, and low crime rate
    3.what will my salary look like

If you know any answer to these questions or would like to add a comment, please do so.
    Thanks for your time!

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 18, 2009 #2
    1. A place that has aerospace jobs
    2. Downtown Detroit
    3. Hopefully like money

4. Mar 18, 2009 #3

eri

TOE, I suggest you read this thread.

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=214959

It was started by someone about the same age as you, with about the same questions. People got sick of answering his questions very quickly, as he never seemed to understand their answers. You've said you're in 7th grade. You've got 15+ years before you're in a position to be thinking about places you want to settle down, companies to work for, and salaries to expect. It's fun to dream, but there's no point in trying to make plans for the future this far ahead. Who knows what companies will still be running, how the economy will look, where the good places to live will be. In this day and age, many of us take the jobs we can get, no matter where we end up living. Jobs as an astronomer tend to be few and far between - we can't just pick a city and say we're going to move there and get a job. This is a very specialized profession.

5. Mar 19, 2009 #4
    Yeah thanks, i just don`t hope i sound that annoying :) (the guy into astrophysics)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook