Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Constructing An Electric Thermometer, making it Display the Temperature

1. May 2, 2010 #1
    Hi!

I was wondering if someone could help me understand how to construct an Electric Thermometer so it shows the right Temperature. I have this text from my Teacher to guide me:

The temperature sensor provides an output signal which namely is proportional to the temperature, but the displays show only the corresponding voltage in the given range. Arrange for the LED displays to show the correct temperature.

We are doing a laboration on this, and I figured I wanted to be prepared.
    I know that its hard to help out with such little information, but perhaps if anyone has build one before knows the trick?

Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. May 2, 2010 #2

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2017
  4. May 2, 2010 #3
    Thanks for your reply!

I think its going to be an easy circuit like the " Two-wire configuration ", as I said its a laboration and the course is meant to give us a basic understanding of electric components.
    And If I understand it right, the tricky part is to connect the different components in a way that it reads the actual Temperature, and not just shows the Voltage of something.

Thanks

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook