Convert data from weird to regular data

• Thread starter Nate Duong
  • Start date
Dear Group,

I have a 30_sec_data.txt with weird characters in it and data.txt with nice numeric in it,

Any one have any ideal to help me convert data from weird to regular data using Matlab.

Thank you,

Best regard,

Answers and Replies

Borg
Science Advisor
Gold Member
The file is probably not in UTF-8 format. Can you open it with Notepad++ and resave it?

Likes Nate Duong
The file is probably not in UTF-8 format. Can you open it with Notepad++ and resave it?
Dear Borg,
I already tried with it but I can not get any number on the notepad++. Do you have any other ideals?

Thank you so much?

Borg
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Without more details on the file, it's hard to say.

Do you have any other ideals?
A small note. I've seen you type this wrong a lot. The word is "ideas", not "ideals". :smile:

Without more details on the file, it's hard to say.

A small note. I've seen you type this wrong a lot. The word is "ideas", not "ideals". :smile:
sorry, English is my second language !

Borg
Science Advisor
Gold Member
sorry, English is my second language !
I understand. Just thought that you would want to know.

Thank you so much... :)

Likes Borg
I found the files which I sent out, are uudecode format, but I've never heard about this format...

Have you ever heard about this format?

Borg
Science Advisor
Gold Member
It seems that you have a binary file - Uuencoding. I don't know where you got it but it isn't a plain text file that you can read. It seems that you have a program file that happens to have a .txt name. There isn't anything there that you will be able to read.

FactChecker
Science Advisor
Gold Member
It seems that you have a binary file - Uuencoding. I don't know where you got it but it isn't a plain text file that you can read. It seems that you have a program file that happens to have a .txt name. There isn't anything there that you will be able to read.
After decoding it, it might turn out to be just an ASCII text file. Then it should be easy to read. The wikipedia page you reference can help to decode it.

Likes Nate Duong and Borg