1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Converting d-t graph to v-t graph

1. Jul 25, 2012 #1
    The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    hi everyone. i am a student studying in hong kong and i have problems when i am preparing for my studies in this summer vacation. My tutorial lesson teacher gave me this graph and told me to convert it to a v-t graph. IMG_1532.jpg i have done several steps and i am wondering if i am having a good start. Can you draw me a correct answer over here? I am really grateful for your help! Thanks!

*(A,B,C,D,E,F,G) are just points, they can be ignored.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 25, 2012 #2
    There is a problem on your c-d pencil line on what I assume is your velocity v. time graph.

It also looks like you have an S written on the y-axis of the graph drawn in pencil?

This also probably belongs in the introduction to physics section. I dont know if the moderators move these threads.

4. Jul 25, 2012 #3
    in hong kong we called d-t graphs as s-t graphs (as i know)

sorry thats wrong. the graph below is a v-t graph

5. Jul 25, 2012 #4
    ok then...

Do you see what is wrong with the c to d line drawn on your s-t graph?

s for speed... ?If it really is a v-t graph, then the slope is important, it indicates direction.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  6. Jul 25, 2012 #5
    ok then...

Is the slope of your d-t graph + or - in the c-d time frame?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook