Cool Projects with Old Laptop Monitor

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shawnzyoo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Laptop Monitor
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 4K views
Shawnzyoo
Messages
104
Reaction score
0
Well I recently just tore apart an old laptop and salvaged the monitor (still good)
Now I am pretty sure it is nearly impossible (for me right now) to turn it into a useful desktop monitor
but does anyone know of any other cool projects/ideas to do with it?
thanks
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
I'm sure this would require a little work (a lot) but a dynamic picture that you'd hang on the wall would be neat.
 
Ive looked into this for years. You need a special controller card = $$$ that will work with the exact model of lcd. In every instance i could think of its vastly cheaper to but a lcd monitor and rip it apart for your needs.
 
Last edited by a moderator: