Coordinate acceleration without a Force

• Thread starter the shadow
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

Coordinate acceleration without a Force !!!!!!!!

Hi
GR had presented two types of motion , the geodesic motion and the non-geodesic motion . We know that the geodesic motion equation is :

[tex]\[
\frac{{d^2 x^\alpha }}{{d\tau ^2 }} + \Gamma _{\beta \mu }^\alpha \frac{{dx^\beta }}{{d\tau }}\frac{{dx^\mu }}{{d\tau }} = 0
\][/tex]
and ( as I know ) the equation of the non-geodesic motion in the derivative of the four - momentum :
[tex]\[
F^\lambda = \frac{{dP^\lambda }}{{d\tau }} + \Gamma _{\mu \nu }^\lambda U^\mu P^\nu
\][/tex]
and from this equation we can calculate the equation of the coordinate acceleration :
[tex]\[
a^\lambda = \frac{1}{m}\left( {\frac{{d\tau }}{{dt}}} \right)^2 \left[ {F^\lambda - \left( {\frac{{u^\lambda }}{c}} \right)F^0 } \right] + \left( {\frac{{u^\lambda }}{c}} \right)\Gamma _{\mu \nu }^0 u^\mu u^\nu - \Gamma _{\mu \nu }^\lambda u^\mu u^\nu {\rm }........{\rm Eq(1) }
\][/tex]
but I saw and worked with a different equation for the coordinate acceleation :
[tex]\[
a^\lambda = \left( {\frac{{u^\lambda }}{c}} \right)\Gamma _{\mu \nu }^0 u^\mu u^\nu - \Gamma _{\mu \nu }^\lambda u^\mu u^\nu
\][/tex]
and I saw that this equation is Eq1 with zero four - force . without force the motion won't be non-geodesic any more .
How ???
thanks

Answers and Replies

Hello !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's been nearly a month since I put the theard and I didn't find any replies .
Is there is anything wrong in it ?