1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Could someone look over the data of my SHM Lab?

1. May 26, 2014 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

We set up a spring with a weight and displaced the spring from equilibrium position. Using a recording device and a motion sensor, we found various data that I have put in the attached table.
    When doing calculations for the lab, we ran into problems, but I simply want to make sure that the data we have collected is reasonable.

2. Relevant equations
    D is the amount the mass was displaced. We used 2 and 4 centimeters.
    ΔX was the difference between the spring when there was no mass added, and after the mass was added.
    T and V were calculated directly from the output of the recording device (a graph of the motion).

3. The attempt at a solution

It looks alright to me, but our group is having trouble doing the calculations correctly in Excel. I just want to be sure that the data is not the source of our problems.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. May 27, 2014 #2

tms

What calculations have you been trying to do, and how have you tried to do them?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted