Cricket WC 2011: Who's Following?

• Thread starter foxtrot_echo_
  • Start date
  • Tags
    world cup
In summary: I don't know...really good? Boy, are the Dutch giving the Brits a rough time or what?In summary, most PF members are not following the cricket world cup 2011.
Netherlands
Sarcasm or mistake? Hmm...:biggrin:

Hey Pakistan's not that bad to lose to a team in a different group.

Physics news on Phys.org
Godard said:
Hi ahsanxr,
Bad news for Pakistani as Pakistan lost their 3rd match against Netherlands yesterday.
They played well but lost due to their bad wicket keeping and pressure in last overs.

I smell propaganda here what grudge do you have against my country:cry:

a win for India but not as expected

losing 5 wickets againts dutch is baseless

next match against SA would be really interesting

tomorrows match against south africa will be an awesome one

Gokul43201 said:
Boy, are the Dutch giving the Brits a rough time or what?

AlephZero said:
That was all part of a cunning plan to lure India into false sense of security.
I think the English are taking this plan a little too far.

Gokul43201 said:
I think the English are taking this plan a little too far.

:smile:

Props to the Bangladesh cricket team they had almost lost that match.

India vs South Africa. I hope it'll be as nice to watch as India vs England was.

Watching it right now. Another great 100 by the greatest batsman

Followed by the greatest collapse EVER!

That's true, sadly

ahsanxr said:
Any Pakistani supporters out there? They've been looking pretty good I would say, of course excluding the horrible batting performance against Canada. Although I haven't been watching a whole lot of actual matches since the timings are so messed up for east coasters (4 am till like 11 on average).

I have been to this thread many times but i guess i just missed to see your post i am a Pakistani by the way are you a Pakistani too?

PrincePhoenix said:
India vs South Africa. I hope it'll be as nice to watch as India vs England was.
You asked, they answered!

9 for 29!

Gokul43201 said:
You asked, they answered!

:smile: Yeah. That was worth watching. Two heavy weights fighting till the end. This world cup has had some very good matches so far.

ahsanxr said:
Any Pakistani supporters out there? They've been looking pretty good I would say, of course excluding the horrible batting performance against Canada.

If Mohammad Aamer, Mohammad Asif and Shoaib Malik were present, I could have guranteed you that Pak would have been in finals. Fixing spoiled the career of first 2. I see a glimpse of Akram in Aamer, he is simply great. I support Pakistan only because of Afridi :!) <fingers crossed for saturday> :wink:

I just hope they (Pakistan) at least reach the semis this time. We've been knocked out of the world cups way too early after 99.

And yeah, England have yet had another brilliant match. :smile: I have so far enjoyed every match they've played in the world cup. I hope we have a similar match, Pak vs Aus.

Can't wait for the match against Australia.

Pakistan might have a chance against Australia if they drop Kamran Akmal!

matt.o said:

They have no good replacement :frown:
I don't think they have any chance against them. There is no good bowler like Amer.

matt.o said:

[cheap joke]Only Kamran Akmal does the dropping![/cheap joke]

Now that's some very good bowling. Can't believe Australia are all out for 176! Let's hope the Pakistani batting line-up chases this. :smile:

Abdul Quadeer said:
I don't think they have any chance against them.

I take my words back.

Australia's winning streak is finally over Pakistan has won the match!:smile:
]

Last edited:
Abdul Quadeer said:
I take my words back.

I am glad that you did:biggrin:

Correct me if I'm wrong but if Pakistan and India win their respective quarter finals they both face each other in the semis right?

ahsanxr said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but if Pakistan and India win their respective quarter finals they both face each other in the semis right?

Depends on what India's position will be after their match with West Indies today.

I think Australia lost just because they batted poorly. They have been struggling with the bat since they came to the subcontinent and not one of their wins have come because they batted well. Why, even Pakistan batted so poorly!

It's interesting: before their loss to Pakistan in this world cup, wasn't their previous loss in a world cup, the last one before their 30-something run without a loss, to Pakistan?

George Jones said:
9 for 29!
And 7 for 50 today. They're getting really good at this.

Still not good enough. Windies pull out a stunning 8 for 34.

So India and Pakistan can only face each other in the final. That kinda sucks but if it happens its going to be epic.

It depends which way Pakistan play. Like the old Engiish nursery rhyme, when they are good, they are very very good, but when they are bad ...

AlephZero said:
when they are good, they are very very good, but when they are bad ...

I thhotalllly agree with you!

AlephZero said:
It depends which way Pakistan play. Like the old Engiish nursery rhyme, when they are good, they are very very good, but when they are bad ...

I prefer "when they are good, they are good, when they are bad, someone has made a lot of money!" :smile: