1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Dealing with complexity

1. May 24, 2007 #1
    hi

I just wondered if anyone has a sound set of methodologies they apply in their daily life that helps them effectively deal with complexity in life. I feel for every person this set of principles would be different because of they way they are and the way their enviornment is. But perhaps there are some powerful techniques that apply to all situations.

I am trying to search for the answer in software engineering because there is lot of complexity in software stuff. Maybe somebody's written books about this.

If only there was a deal with complexity bible out there...

Last edited: May 24, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. May 24, 2007 #2
    Divide and conquer and abstraction are the key things I've found in my searches so far.

4. May 25, 2007 #3

People are hard to understand.

5. May 25, 2007 #4
    Umm, precompiled headers? I run general scenarios through my head in anticipation of complex situations.

Last edited: May 25, 2007
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?