Both sons were offered a full-tuition scholarship at UAH and at the University of Alabama. Son 2 is going to accept at UAH and wants to do a double major in Aerospace and Mechanical. Here's the dilemma: Son 1 really wants to major in nuclear engineering, which would require him turning down the scholarship @ UAH and going to a Penn State, which will cost much $$. I am encouraging him to take the scholarship and major in mechanical engineering ( if he does this, he will either minor or double major in Physics, he also has about 30 AP credits). I encouraged him to look at the online minor in nuclear engineering ( 15 credits) at Kansas state which you can take if you are in school at any college in an engineering discipline. I told him if he does this , he can try to get a job at a nuclear plant or other pertinent employer and seek a graduate degree in nuclear, his employer may help him pay for. Is this all too complicated, should I just tell him to go for the nuclear degree and worry about paying for it later?? I am worried if he declines the scholarship then decides he want to change his major, he is stuck. He has to decide by May 1st and we are all stressed out!