Definition of a specific kind of motion

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
ShreddedHeart
Messages
1
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



It is not really a homework question, but rather a translation problem. I searched everywhere, but I still cannot find a good translation into English of a term that is defined as:

"In mechanics, the motion of a moving reference frame relative to another (primary) reference frame that is considered fixed".

Homework Equations



...the linear velocity Vkof particle k, due to such {"frame rotation/motion" ? the term I'm looking for }, is defined by formula
CmXwcvc.png

where
VBgSHQ6.png
is a vector of the angular rate of rotation of the two-dimensional system relative to axis Z of the three-dimensional reference frame, ez is a unit vector along axis Z, index i enumerates time moments of the two-dimensional world...

The Attempt at a Solution



(relative) frame motion / rotation

I'd be immensely thankful for any help!
 
Physics news on Phys.org