Definition of Second-Order Tensor by Jim Adrian

• I
  • Thread starter jamesadrian
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Tensor
In summary: Note that the tensor is not commutative, because the order of the vectors matters:$$T(\lambda_1 \vec{v}+\lambda_2 \vec{w},\vec{v}_2,\ldots,\vec{v}_n)eq T(\lambda_1 \vec{v}+T(\lambda_2 \vec{w},\vec{v}_2,\ldots,\vec{v}_n),\vec{v}_2,\ldots,\vec{v}_n)$$
jamesadrian said:
You didn't ask Why.

Why what?

If you mean I didn't ask why you can't fill in the dots, I don't care why. The mere fact that you can't means you don't have "A" level background knowledge in the topic of this thread.

Physics news on Phys.org
If anybody here has an answer to my question, they can write to jim@futurebeacon.com

Jim Adrian

• Sad
Likes weirdoguy
jamesadrian said:
If anybody here has an answer to my question, they can write to jim@futurebeacon.com

If you would answer the questions I asked in you post #34, we would be able to gauge your level of background knowledge. I don't know how you expect anyone to be able to give you an answer you can understand without that information. If you had had an "A" level of background knowledge the answers already given in this thread would have been more than enough.

If you are unwilling or unable to provide that information, we'll just close this thread.

Likes pervect and vanhees71
We have given tons of answers already!