Design an egg encasement to survive a 3m drop in 150 cubic centimeters

  • Thread starter Thread starter llaskai09
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Design Drop Egg
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 5K views
llaskai09
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi,
For my physics class I have to design some sort of encasement around an egg so that it will survive a 3m drop. The encasement (including the egg) can be no larger than 150 cubic centimeters. Any ideas?
Thank you
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
llaskai09 said:
Hi,
For my physics class I have to design some sort of encasement around an egg so that it will survive a 3m drop. The encasement (including the egg) can be no larger than 150 cubic centimeters. Any ideas?
Thank you

Welcome to the PF. There have been lots of threads about egg drop projects here on the PF. You can see some of them linked to at the bottom of this page under the Related Threads list. You can also use the Search feature to find lots of other threads and info.

The PF Search Engine doesn't work for words of only 3 letters, so instead do a search on eggs. Read through some of those threads, and post your thoughts back here as you start to have ideas.
 
I don't know why I never thought of this before, but I have the perfect solution to this challenge. You don't even need an enclosure. Simply incubate the egg. Once it has grown feathers, surviving a 3-metre drop should be no problem.
 
Danger said:
I don't know why I never thought of this before, but I have the perfect solution to this challenge. You don't even need an enclosure. Simply incubate the egg. Once it has grown feathers, surviving a 3-metre drop should be no problem.

Clever, Danger-san. Too bad the chicks crack out of the egg without feathers. The judges will need to be made to wait a long time for this contestant's drop! :smile:
 
berkeman said:
the chicks crack out of the egg without feathers.

I know. The OP didn't mention a time limit. :biggrin: