Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Design calculator for Condensers, evaporators, heat pumps

1. Mar 21, 2007 #1
    Hey guys

Anyone knows a good calculator for condenser, evaporator, or heat pump design? common unknown parameters would be number of passes, or length of columns, depth or rows.....

Thnks

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 22, 2007 #2

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

These guys have one that works pretty well (under "downloads" it's the "total package" : https://www.rae-corp.com

Carrier makes one that is pretty good as well, though you'll have to contact a sales engineer/rep for a trial version.

4. Mar 22, 2007 #3
    thnx man

very helpfull

5. Mar 23, 2007 #4
    i just finished downloading the package from rae-corp. they are asking for a password !! damn

6. Mar 23, 2007 #5

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Hmm.... It has been a while since I used it and I guess I forgot about that... Sorry. Depending on your situation, though, they may be inclined to give you one.

7. Mar 23, 2007 #6
    ahh..thnx
    besides today i found another program something called evap-cond. i just have to test it with proven designs. definitely not gonna test it on CFD software :)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?