Design calculator for Condensers, evaporators, heat pumps

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 23K views
eaboujaoudeh
Messages
152
Reaction score
0
Hey guys

Anyone knows a good calculator for condenser, evaporator, or heat pump design? common unknown parameters would be number of passes, or length of columns, depth or rows...

Thnks
 
Physics news on Phys.org
These guys have one that works pretty well (under "downloads" it's the "total package" : https://www.rae-corp.com

Carrier makes one that is pretty good as well, though you'll have to contact a sales engineer/rep for a trial version.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
i just finished downloading the package from rae-corp. they are asking for a password ! damn
 
Hmm... It has been a while since I used it and I guess I forgot about that... Sorry. Depending on your situation, though, they may be inclined to give you one.
 
ahh..thnx
besides today i found another program something called evap-cond. i just have to test it with proven designs. definitely not going to test it on CFD software :)