1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Determining the complex expression using Thevnin's theorem

1. Dec 3, 2015 #1
    I tried my best but I wasn't able to solve this can someone please provide me with a detailed solution.
    Here 's the question : Establish the expression of Vs/Ve (complex) using Thevnin's theorem
    Here is the circuit :

mini_772946881.jpg

I spent 4 hours trying to solve this but I had no clue how. I'am having problems summing the impedances and knowing where exactly to apply thevnin.A little guidance is appreciated. Thanks,

Thevenin’s Theorem states that it is possible to simplify any linear circuit, no matter how complex, to an equivalent circuit with just a single voltage source and series resistance connected to a load. More info here

So I started by giving an equivalent complex circuit since the courant is variable.
    And as Thevnin's Th. states we need to remove the load, and then calculate the total impedance. Lets say the load is Vs(t) ( R ) now I need to sum Zc Zc Zr which are nor in parallel nor in series. I tried Kennelly's Transformation and things got even worse.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 3, 2015 #2

RUber

Homework Helper

Hello Lilah, :welcome:
    You may have noticed the HW template provided when you started your post. Please use that. It is designed to help you communicate to use those things we need to know in order to help you.
    For example, what is Thevnin's theorem? What methods have you tried unsuccessfully for 4 hours?
    It could be possible that you have made mistakes in your calculations or your are incorrectly applying the theorem. Without you telling us what you do know, it is difficult for us to provide useful guidance.
    Thank you.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted