Different Branches of Engineering

1. KTS

KTS 1

Okay so I am most likely going to go to GA Tech and major in Engineering, but I don't full understand each branch of engineering. So if someone could explain differences between a mechanical engineer, civil engineer, chemical engineer, aerospace engineer, nuclear engineer, etc. I would really appreciate it!
  2. jcsd
  3. russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to PF!

This is a very basic and broad question requiring a very long answer. It isn't the sort of thing that can be easily answered in a forum, but it is the sort of thing that is easily answered by Google or Wikipedia. You really should start there, read for an hour or so, then come back with much more specific questions.
  4. SteamKing

SteamKing 10,406
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

You don't have any clue from the various titles?
  5. boneh3ad

boneh3ad 1,889
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

6. I think you should change your major to business/management because it seems like you want everyone to do all the busy work for you whilst you go play video games/golf/etc.
    1 person likes this.
  7. berkeman

Staff: Mentor

8. Bobbywhy

Bobbywhy 1,864
    Gold Member

9. Wiki Wiki Wiki Peida ,have you tried Google as well??
    btw,how did you get admitted to GA while you can't answer simple question like this one? (no offense).
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thead via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted