Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Different forms of energy are coverted into electrical impulses

1. Jul 9, 2006 #1
    What would be an experiment i could prefrom to show how different forms of energy are coverted into electrical impulses?? Simple ones

Thanks Nath

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 9, 2006 #2

rbj

you could turn on a flashlight. or an iPod.

(chemical energy -> electrical something-or-nother -> something else)

4. Jul 9, 2006 #3
    Thanks any other good ideas??

5. Jul 9, 2006 #4

Danger

Gold Member

You could also use a photocell to run an LED, or take (if they still exist) a bicycle tire-mounted generator to run a light. That's how bicycle lights were powered when I was a kid. You might also be able to come up with a cheap thermocouple, which translates heat into electricity. Really, there are dozens of approaches.

6. Jul 10, 2006 #5
    What is one specific to communication eg radios faxes and televisions

7. Jul 10, 2006 #6

Danger

Gold Member

In that regard, I'd say that the options are still the same. Your question was regarding making electricity; what you use it for in the long run is irrelevant. Batteries, fuel cells, photovoltaic cells, mechanical generators, thermocouples or thermionic converters, beta-source generators... they'll all run communications devices of any kind as long as the produced wattage meets the requirements.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?