Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Differential Pulse Height Spectrum

1. Sep 11, 2011 #1
    Hi there,
    So I am doing this lab write-up at the moment with a single channel analyser. The following diagram pretty much sums up the setup:

f51yzo.jpg

So pretty much I have found a suitable operating voltage gain by recording number of counts vs. gain and now I must change the Baseline-E (assumedly the centre of the "window" of energies analysed) and plot the number of counts. So I have got the following plot:

mvj12s.jpg

I must deduce the differential pulse height spectrum from this graph. I haven't really been introduced to this concept but have done a bit of reading, but generally most of the graphs I see use the multichannel analyser.

Could anyone help me out and desribe how I can find the DPHS from this plot?

Thank you very much.

-Lachy

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 12, 2011 #2
    Maybe you can get this moved to NUCLEAR ENGINEERING where some experts are more likely to se it??

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook