Digital Circuits and Best Suited MOSFET for 3.3V

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
helloworld5
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hello everyone,

I wanted to make some digital circuits with discrete CMOS components but I do not know how to read these MOSFET datasheets properly and I have no idea which models are good for these kinds of projects (for a 3.3V as Vdd and with ground). I know the characteristics of MOSFETs (3rd year electrical engineering student level) but I do not know the "standard" MOSFETs that would be used in the real world for building digital circuits.

I am planning to etch my own circuit board (I have decent amount of experience with Eagle CAD and soldering) for these digital circuits so discrete through-hole components is very important.

Any information regarding which MOSFET models are often used for digital circuits for voltages around 3.3V would be great!


Thank you.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
Hi helloworld5. http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/5725/red5e5etimes5e5e45e5e25.gif

Datasheets will tell you the range of Vdd over which logic IC's will work. Scroll halfway down this page[/color] and you'll see links to families of low voltage (2.7-3.6V) CMOS. I don't know how easy it will be to get those specialist chips. Ordinary CMOS seems to be rated for Vdd down to 3.0V. Will your 3.3V supply be tightly regulated?
 
Last edited by a moderator: