Do Germans have a sense of humour after all?

  • Thread starter Thread starter arildno
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
69 replies · 8K views
DeadWolfe said:
My favorite monty pythons sketch is:

[MEDIA=youtube]ByZqx30OvVs[/MEDIA]&search=monty%20python[/URL][/QUOTE]

I can't find my favourite, where two women in a laundromat discuss whether freedom whilst paying fridge installments was the crux of 'Road to Freedom", and decide to visit Jean-Paul and Betty-Muriel Sartre in Paris, having met them last summer in Ibiza, by raft across the channel, via finland, to see what they have to say, and so here is my second favourite:
[PLAIN][MEDIA=youtube]3ZQI0Xm29To[/MEDIA]&search=monty%20python%20spanish%20inquisition[/URL]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
For anyone wondering about Stewart Lee here is a sample of his mischief:

[MEDIA=youtube]7q-DO6Bav4I[/MEDIA]&search=stewart%20lee[/URL]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
ShawnD said:
I can't believe you found that video! I love conan so much.
Hey, that's nothing. The holy grail is to find a video of the embryonic rockabilly polka-dotted fighter pilots. So far even Google reveals only the meagerest of traces...
 
wolram said:
The Lumberjack song.
The lumberjack song can't hold a toothpick to this one:
[MEDIA=youtube]9DkqU-uWojc[/MEDIA]&mode=related&search=monty%20python[/URL]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
arildno said:
Evo said:
Originally Posted by Evo
So, what is the excuse for British humour? <runs and hides>
These guys. :smile:
[MEDIA=youtube]oYlzTdSZeI4[/MEDIA]&search=silly%20walk[/URL][/QUOTE]
Ah, now I understand what Wayne Rooney was doing. :approve:

[quote=Danger]And leave us not forget 'The Two Ronnies'. The following is not their best stuff, but it's the only reliable video that I could find on short notice.

[url]http://www.videosift.com/story.php?id=4343[/url]
[/quote]
Those guys are great. They're as good as Carol Burnett, Harvey Korman, and Tim Conway used to be.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Harvey Korman and Tim Conway - a great pair of comedians.

And don't forget Bob Newhart.

And the great George Carlin. :smile:
 
Staying on the subject of Germans and Cleese...

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/4039/b00005lc1f01ss500sclzzzzzzzv10.jpg
Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right.
Probably the greatest episode ever!

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
J77 said:
Staying on the subject of Germans and Cleese...

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/4039/b00005lc1f01ss500sclzzzzzzzv10.jpg

Probably the greatest episode ever!

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Painfully funy at times, but to slapstick at others, i would not rate this series
as a classic .
 
Last edited by a moderator: