1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Do you need to take the GRE test for UK universities?

Tags:
  1. Jan 17, 2013 #1
    So I'm thinking that after I get my B.Sc in physics from an American university, I will do my Master's degree in the UK (or maybe Australia), I heard they don't require GRE? Is it easier to get admitted there?

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 17, 2013 #2
    I don't know of any UK universities that ask for the GRE for masters level courses with the possible exception of Oxford and Cambridge. Check the individual university admissions requirements. If you meet the admissions requirements and can afford the fee then you'll almost certainly be admitted in the UK since you're effectively funding yourself. There are almost no scholarships for masters courses! Furthermore, masters courses are rarely oversubscribed except in fields where the potential of getting a job is very high (like petroleum engineering).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook