Tsu
Gold Member
So, how many kids have you adopted?

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Tsunami said:
I once heard someone say that everyone who is trying to control the lives of others by outlawing abortion (or forcing them to go underground again - those were UGLY days!, as many women died - or even out of the country) should be the very ones who will love, care for, nurture and financially support (all the way through college) all of the unwanted children that would flood the orphanages. Not a bad idea, actually...
That's very much my view of it. Put your money where your mouth is. If you are pro-life, start adopting those children being born to people too irresponsible to prevent an unwanted pregnancy, because banning abortion won't make them any more responsible.

I only know one couple who has done just that. They adopted 7 children in addition to raising their two biological children, and I very much respect them for it.

Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I won't comment on abortion as a tool to curb population growth, but I'd like to clarify the following :

onegermanbeerglass said:
Even after you factor in immigration and illegal immigration, the population of the US is stagnant. The last thing the US needs is to stem or curb population growth.
The United States has a population growth rate of about 1% per year (meaning the US population will double every 70 yrs. at this rate). This number is way higher than most other industrialized nations - most of Western Europe has a population growth that's three times lower. Most of the high population growth is in Islamic or third-world countries. Despite this, the US population growth is only slightly slower than the global growth rate of 1.3% per year.

I do not really see any problem in aborting until birth, and even not in killing babies shortly after birth. The thing that is being killed simply will not notice being killed, and the persons that should make something of it are apparently not willing to do so.

I think the main point in a discussion like this should be why one would think that it is wrong (unethical/unmoral/whatever) to abort. Can anyone that is against abortion please give a sound reason for that, other than that it is simply their personal preference to just let the fetuses grow?

Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Isn't your question tantamount to saying "what's the big deal - I poisoned him in his asleep" ?

member 5645
gerben said:
I do not really see any problem in aborting until birth, and even not in killing babies shortly after birth. The thing that is being killed simply will not notice being killed, and the persons that should make something of it are apparently not willing to do so.

I think the main point in a discussion like this should be why one would think that it is wrong (unethical/unmoral/whatever) to abort. Can anyone that is against abortion please give a sound reason for that, other than that it is simply their personal preference to just let the fetuses grow?

I am going to go ahead and just let you clarify this. You don't have a problem with killing babies? Actual birthed, living legit babies?

Birth controll pills whatever, should be widely available to the teenage girls,young women and not restricted like in the USA.
And most important, SEX education MUST be taught in every school for at least 2 hours a day!!
Responsible, educated people don't **** like monkeys.

Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
tumor said:
SEX education MUST be taught in every school for at least 2 hours a day!!
I hope you're kidding, here.

Gokul43201 said:
Isn't your question tantamount to saying "what's the big deal - I poisoned him in his asleep" ?
No, allowing to kill sleeping people would be a problem because it would generate fear, we would be scared that someone might kill us while we are asleep. Such a fear would not be there yet in a new individual.

phatmonky said:
I am going to go ahead and just let you clarify this. You don't have a problem with killing babies? Actual birthed, living legit babies?
Well actually I think I would have a problem with that, but I wanted to make the point a bit strong. It is unclear to me until which stage it should be allowable.

Gokul43201 said:
I hope you're kidding, here.
No I'm not, and also I would scrap all the crap they teach about 10 commandments and murderous bible .Hypocrites.

onegermanbeerglass
tumor said:
Responsible, educated people don't **** like monkeys.
I hope you're kidding here!

Abortion is should be legal.

I just don't get why the Republicans want the Democrats to increase in number. If they had a lick of sense for there own general argument, they'd keep there damn mouths shut and propogate there own rather than someone elses mistakes. But, they're idiots of course.

But seriously, a Momma who kills her child, doesn't need that child in general. So, she takes care of that for us, now doesn't she?

Ain't it funny how Mother Nature is so damn clear at times?

I'm for humane euthenasia all the way through birth.

Last edited: