Documentary about the geniuses of the past millenium

• Thread starter bkvitha
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Documentary
In summary, the speaker expresses their love for physics and math and how it was recently reignited after watching a documentary about famous geniuses in these fields. They mention the documentary was on the Discovery Science channel and recommend it to others interested in science. They also mention the show "Cosmos" with Carl Sagan as another source of inspiration.
bkvitha
hello everyone...

Well I've always wanted to do something with physics or maths and just totally love these two.

But lately this ambition was fading away till like a few hours ago when I watched this documentary about the geniuses of the past millenium, Galileo, Newton, Einstein, and Hawphkins*(sorry for misspelling)

and they truly inspired me to further my interests in these fields and fullfill my curiosity(now I want to be a theoretical physicist)o:)

It was on DISCOVERY SCIENCE channel

"BRILLIANT MINDS"

I think it is a must see for all naturing and young scientist world wide...:biggrin:

so enjoy the show... and i hope others can recommend good shows such as this too

~peace out~

Physics news on Phys.org
If you want to be inspired to become an Astronomer (or related field). Watch Carl Sagan's Cosmos.

Inspiration is first step, detachment from your inspiration is the second.

1. Who are the geniuses featured in the documentary?

The documentary features some of the most influential and brilliant minds of the past millenium, including Albert Einstein, Leonardo da Vinci, Isaac Newton, Marie Curie, and Thomas Edison.

2. What makes these individuals considered geniuses?

These individuals made groundbreaking discoveries and contributions in their respective fields, revolutionizing our understanding of the world and advancing human knowledge and progress.

3. What can we learn from the geniuses of the past millenium?

The documentary explores the lives and works of these geniuses, providing insights into their thought processes, methods, and approaches to problem-solving, which can inspire and inform our own pursuits and endeavors.

4. Are there any commonalities among these geniuses?

While each individual has their own unique story and accomplishments, there are some common characteristics that many of them share, such as creativity, perseverance, and a deep curiosity and passion for their work.

5. How has the work of these geniuses impacted our world today?

Their ideas and discoveries have had a profound and lasting impact on various fields, from science and technology to art and literature, shaping our understanding of the universe and paving the way for future innovations and advancements.