Dropped out of grad school for the third time today

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
37 replies · 7K views
TylerH said:
Whoa, he just got banned. WTF?

He was drunk. He'll be unbanned in 24 hours, by which time he will be (hopefully) sober.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
Char. Limit said:
He was drunk. He'll be unbanned in 24 hours, by which time he will be (hopefully) sober.

Is that a rule or something? I couldn't find anything in the rules about being temporarily banned for intoxication. (Although, it does kinda make sense.)
 
TylerH said:
Is that a rule or something? I couldn't find anything in the rules about being temporarily banned for intoxication. (Although, it does kinda make sense.)

I don't believe there's a rule that you can't post drunk, but he was disrupting another thread, and his excuse for doing so was that he was "an angry drunk". So yeah.
 
TylerH said:
Is that a rule or something? I couldn't find anything in the rules about being temporarily banned for intoxication. (Although, it does kinda make sense.)

I posted here super drunk once or twice but I don't think anyone noticed .. :blushing:

Too hard to tell unless someone explicitly mentions it and this person did.
 
Char. Limit said:
I don't believe there's a rule that you can't post drunk, but he was disrupting another thread, and his excuse for doing so was that he was "an angry drunk". So yeah.

Haha I know it's a serious thread but I laughed hard with this.

To the OP, I think he should take some time out of school and think what he really wants in life. Not doing grad school isn't the end of the world, if he doesn't want to do it.
 
TylerH said:
Whoa, he just got banned.

Char. Limit said:
He was drunk. He'll be unbanned in 24 hours, by which time he will be (hopefully) sober.

From the TV show Cheers:

Diane (to Sam): You're stupid!

Sam: You're drunk!

Diane: Maybe so, but at least I'll be sober tomorrow.
 
rootX said:
I posted here super drunk once or twice but I don't think anyone noticed .. :blushing:
You mean the https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=3394031&postcount=10035" post? I'm sure that nobody noticed. :-p
 
Last edited by a moderator:
BobG said:
From the TV show Cheers:

Diane (to Sam): You're stupid!

Sam: You're drunk!

Diane: Maybe so, but at least I'll be sober tomorrow.

Winston Churchill had the same exchange with Bessie Bradock, except he called her ugly instead :D