Dropped out of grad school for the third time today

• Thread starter Physics_UG
  • Start date
First thing that came to mind when I read that title: "How do you drop out 3 times in one day?"

Perhaps a comma would help. :tongue: (Or, a little common sense on my part...)

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
First thing that came to mind when I read that title: "How do you drop out 3 times in one day?"

Perhaps a comma would help. :tongue: (Or, a little common sense on my part...)
:redface: Me too. I thought, oh man, I had lots of days like that when I was in college!

Physics_UG
Gold Member
lol, sorry about that. I am drunk.

I am going through a serious quarter life crisis right now.

MarcoD
lol, sorry about that. I am drunk.

I am going through a serious quarter life crisis right now.
Man, a psychosis by itself is normal, about a third or something of all people get one somewhere in their lives. But... If you suffered from psychosis at age twenty-five and you didn't have a severe burn-out for whatever reason I suggest you rethink everything and look how you can best have a decent but very quiet life.

Whoa, he just got banned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Char. Limit
Gold Member
Whoa, he just got banned. WTF???
He was drunk. He'll be unbanned in 24 hours, by which time he will be (hopefully) sober.

He was drunk. He'll be unbanned in 24 hours, by which time he will be (hopefully) sober.
Is that a rule or something? I couldn't find anything in the rules about being temporarily banned for intoxication. (Although, it does kinda make sense.)

Char. Limit
Gold Member
Is that a rule or something? I couldn't find anything in the rules about being temporarily banned for intoxication. (Although, it does kinda make sense.)
I don't believe there's a rule that you can't post drunk, but he was disrupting another thread, and his excuse for doing so was that he was "an angry drunk". So yeah.

I posted here super drunk once or twice but I don't think anyone noticed .. :blushing:

Too hard to tell unless someone explicitly mentions it and this person did.

I don't believe there's a rule that you can't post drunk, but he was disrupting another thread, and his excuse for doing so was that he was "an angry drunk". So yeah.
Haha I know it's a serious thread but I laughed hard with this.

To the OP, I think he should take some time out of school and think what he really wants in life. Not doing grad school isn't the end of the world, if he doesn't want to do it.

BobG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Whoa, he just got banned.
From the TV show Cheers:

Diane (to Sam): You're stupid!

Sam: You're drunk!

Diane: Maybe so, but at least I'll be sober tomorrow.

Borg
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I posted here super drunk once or twice but I don't think anyone noticed .. :blushing:
You mean the https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=3394031&postcount=10035" [Broken] post? I'm sure that nobody noticed. :tongue:

Last edited by a moderator:
From the TV show Cheers:

Diane (to Sam): You're stupid!

Sam: You're drunk!

Diane: Maybe so, but at least I'll be sober tomorrow.
Winston Churchill had the same exchange with Bessie Bradock, except he called her ugly instead :D