DSP Tuner - Is this correct for freq offset?

In summary, the conversation discusses using a frequency offset after the ADC and using a 1,048,576 FFT. The question arises whether a non power of two FFT method should be used or if the given equation and data length will suffice. There is also a suggestion to fill the unused locations with zeros and the importance of understanding the purpose of using the DFT.
cutesteph
Say I already calculated the frequency offset after the ADC, which was calculated using a 1,048,576 FFT, but I only have 1,040,000 IQ samples. Do I need to use a non power of two FFT method or will the follow work?

freq corrected IQdata = sum of iqData(i)*[exp(i*2*pi* n*freq_offset*(diff )/(freq_sampling_rate)]

for n = 1,...1,400,000

where diff = 1,048,576/1,400,000

Engineering news on Phys.org
Have you considered filling the 8,576 unused locations at the end of the data with zeros?
You might put 4288 zeros at each end of the data after multiplying the shorter data record by the window function.

Your solution will depend on why you are using the DFT.
Is the sample rate chosen for frequency resolution, or is the data length a multiple of a fundamental?

What is a DSP tuner?

A DSP tuner is a digital signal processing tuner, which is a type of electronic device used to tune into and receive various types of digital signals, such as radio stations or television channels. It uses advanced digital processing techniques to achieve better signal quality and reception.

How does a DSP tuner correct for frequency offset?

A DSP tuner corrects for frequency offset by using algorithms and digital processing techniques to adjust the received signal to the correct frequency. This can include techniques such as signal interpolation, frequency estimation, and phase correction.

What is frequency offset and why is it important to correct for it?

Frequency offset refers to the difference between the transmitted frequency and the received frequency of a signal. It is important to correct for frequency offset because it can cause distortion and interference in the received signal, leading to poor signal quality and potentially making it difficult to receive and decode the signal accurately.

Can a DSP tuner correct for all types of frequency offset?

While a DSP tuner is designed to correct for a wide range of frequency offsets, there may be certain limitations based on the specific device and signal being received. In some cases, extreme or complex frequency offsets may not be able to be corrected by the DSP tuner.

Is a DSP tuner the best choice for correcting frequency offset?

DSP tuners are generally considered to be one of the best options for correcting frequency offset, as they use advanced digital processing techniques to achieve accurate and precise adjustments to the received signal. However, there may be other alternatives or specialized devices that may be better suited for certain specific applications.