• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

Dual Major in Physics and Chemistry?

• Programs
  • Thread starter nst.john
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

Right now I'm going into my junior year of high school, and college has been on my mind a lot. I just finished AP Chemistry and I'm going to be taking AP Physics B next year and I am interested in both sciences very much, I was wondering if some colleges offer a double major program for chemistry and physics and what would my responsibilities be and what would I be getting myself into?

Answers and Replies

Right now I'm going into my junior year of high school, and college has been on my mind a lot. I just finished AP Chemistry and I'm going to be taking AP Physics B next year and I am interested in both sciences very much, I was wondering if some colleges offer a double major program for chemistry and physics and what would my responsibilities be and what would I be getting myself into?
The university of South Carolina will let you do the double major. I have friends that double majored in biology and chemistry, and physics and chemistry. Essentially your getting yourself into a lot of hard work but its not impossible

Thanks!

Thanks, it's nice to know I can do what I really do want to do when it comes to my major.