Dynamic Relative magnetic permeability

In summary, there are materials and methods available, such as a Magnetic Amplifier, that can instantaneously, continuously, and periodically vary the relative magnetic permeability (μr). A traditional Magnetic Amplifier or a similar device can be used, and its concept is to modulate the saturation level of the magnetic material to vary μr. Technical information on this concept, including its working principle and graphs of μr vs time and μr vs current, can be found on various resources such as the Wikipedia page and additional links.
djsourabh
I want to know that are there any materials or methods by which their relative magnetic permeability (μr) be instantaneously,continuously & periodically varied. Kindly provide the reference document/video for the description if possible.

djsourabh said:
I want to know that are there any materials or methods by which their relative magnetic permeability (μr) be instantaneously,continuously & periodically varied. Kindly provide the reference document/video for the description if possible.
Depending on your application, you could use a traditional Magnetic Amplifier, or something similar:

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...8.0...0...1ac.1.64.img..0.18.1013._-HV_AC0v5w

The concept is to vary the level of saturation of the magnetic material, which effectively modulates the value of μr.

berkeman said:
Depending on your application, you could use a traditional Magnetic Amplifier, or something similar:

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...8.0...0...1ac.1.64.img..0.18.1013._-HV_AC0v5w

The concept is to vary the level of saturation of the magnetic material, which effectively modulates the value of μr.
thank you very much,Sir! I hope to use the magnetic amplifier concept. Do you know where can I get its technical information? like from it's working principle to it's graphs of μr vs time & μr vs current?

djsourabh said:
thank you very much,Sir! I hope to use the magnetic amplifier concept. Do you know where can I get its technical information? like from it's working principle to it's graphs of μr vs time & μr vs current?
I would probably start with the wikipedia page, and follow some of the additional links to other resources... :smile:

1. What is dynamic relative magnetic permeability?

Dynamic relative magnetic permeability is a measure of how easily a material can be magnetized in response to an external magnetic field. It is a dimensionless quantity that is often represented by the Greek letter μ.

2. How is dynamic relative magnetic permeability different from static permeability?

Dynamic relative magnetic permeability is a measure of how a material responds to a changing magnetic field, while static permeability measures the material's response to a constant magnetic field. Dynamic permeability is usually higher than static permeability for most materials.

3. What factors affect the dynamic relative magnetic permeability of a material?

The dynamic relative magnetic permeability of a material is affected by factors such as the material's composition, structure, and temperature. Materials with high electrical conductivity, such as metals, tend to have a lower dynamic permeability.

4. How is dynamic relative magnetic permeability measured?

Dynamic relative magnetic permeability is typically measured using a device called a permeameter, which applies a changing magnetic field to a sample material and measures its response. This measurement is usually done at different frequencies to determine the material's frequency-dependent permeability.

5. What are some applications of dynamic relative magnetic permeability?

Dynamic relative magnetic permeability is an important property in the design and analysis of electromagnetic devices, such as transformers, motors, and generators. It is also used in materials science research to study the magnetic properties of different materials and their potential applications in electronics and other fields.