1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Dynamic Relative magnetic permeability

1. Oct 29, 2015 #1
    I want to know that are there any materials or methods by which their relative magnetic permeability (μr) be instantaneously,continuously & periodically varied. Kindly provide the reference document/video for the description if possible.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 3, 2015 #2
    Thanks for the post! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

4. Nov 3, 2015 #3

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Depending on your application, you could use a traditional Magnetic Amplifier, or something similar:

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en....0....0...1ac.1.64.img..0.18.1013._-HV_AC0v5w

The concept is to vary the level of saturation of the magnetic material, which effectively modulates the value of μr.

5. Nov 8, 2015 #4
    thank you very much,Sir! I hope to use the magnetic amplifier concept. Do you know where can I get its technical information? like from it's working principle to it's graphs of μr vs time & μr vs current?

6. Nov 8, 2015 #5

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

I would probably start with the wikipedia page, and follow some of the additional links to other resources... :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook