Eager to learn Physics and needs some guidance.

In summary, Asad, a 15-year-old student in 10th grade, is eager to learn Physics but doesn't know where to start. He has already taken Algebra and Living Environment and is currently taking Earth Science and Geometry. He plans to start watching videos on Khan Academy and YouTube to learn the basics of Physics. He is also advised to learn calculus with Stewart's book and buy Halliday-Resnick's Fundamentals of Physics. Asad is encouraged to solve exercises from these books and consider taking AP Physics and AP Calculus at his school. He is also directed to a thread on Physics Forums for more suggestions. Ultimately, it is recommended that Asad open a Physics book, read it, and do all the exercises,
EagerToLearn
Hello. My name is Asad. I'm 15 and I want to learn Physics. As you can tell by my name I am eager to learn Physics and have been since the summer break :p. I never got around to it because I don't know where to start. I am in 10th grade. I already took Algebra and Living Environment. I am currently taking Earth Science and Geometry. We are currently studying weather and atmospheric pressure and in Geometry were are studying the interior and exterior angles of polygons. Can someone please tell me how I can start studying Physics. I already know http://www.khanacademy.com/ and http://www.youtube.com/khanacademy. I am going to start watching those videos. I want to start with the basic Physics and work my way up to the harder and more difficult Physics. All help will be welcome and appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Learn calculus with Stewart's book and buy Halliday-Resnick's Fundamentals of Physics (or Physics). Try to solve the exercises of these books after you read the theory.
Good luck.

I wonder how much physics you can actually learn if you are only starting geometry.

We will see :). I also know 9th grade Algerbra.

If your school has AP physics you should take that, and AP calculus.

My school has AP Physics and I think Pre-Calculus.

Open a physics book, read it, and do all the exercises. And then work your way up from there. Good luck.

Which Physics book do you recommend?

Related to Eager to learn Physics and needs some guidance.

1. What is the best way to start learning physics?

The best way to start learning physics is by building a strong foundation in mathematics, particularly algebra and calculus. It is also important to have a basic understanding of scientific principles and the scientific method. Once you have these foundational skills, you can begin studying introductory physics concepts.

2. How can I improve my problem-solving skills in physics?

The key to improving problem-solving skills in physics is practice. Start with simple problems and work your way up to more complex ones. It is also helpful to break down the problem into smaller steps and to use diagrams or visual aids to help you understand the problem better.

3. What are some good resources for learning physics?

There are many resources available for learning physics, including textbooks, online courses, and video lectures. Some popular textbooks include "Fundamentals of Physics" by Halliday and Resnick and "University Physics" by Young and Freedman. Online resources such as Khan Academy and MIT OpenCourseWare offer free video lectures and practice problems.

4. How can I stay motivated while learning physics?

One way to stay motivated while learning physics is to set achievable goals for yourself. This could be completing a certain number of practice problems or mastering a specific concept. It can also be helpful to find a study partner or join a study group to keep yourself accountable and to have someone to discuss difficult concepts with.

5. Are there any common misconceptions about physics?

One common misconception about physics is that it is only for people who are good at math. While a strong foundation in mathematics is important, anyone can learn and understand physics with dedication and practice. Another misconception is that physics is only applicable to theoretical concepts, when in fact, physics has practical applications in many industries and everyday life.