Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I Effect of Collimated lens on Gauss Beam

1. May 10, 2016 #1
    Hello everyone,

I am trying to find effect of collimated lens on gaussian beam propagation. Do you know how to solve that? I need any equations ,then going to use them via matlab.

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. May 10, 2016 #2

BvU

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Hello Ezgie, :welcome:

I know about a collimator or a collimating lens to get a collimated beam (nice word for parallel beam), but what is a collimated lens ? Could you elaborate a bit on what it is you want to calculate ?

4. May 10, 2016 #3
    Hello BvU,

Thanks for interesting.I am trying to find how collimated lens does affect on gauss beam waist? I mean also intensity. P.S: beam goes to infinity so f is infinity.

5. May 10, 2016 #4

blue_leaf77

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

It's a problem with the language. If I understand her correctly, she probably wants to ask how a collimated Gaussian beam is affected after passing through a lens.

6. May 10, 2016 #5
    Yes but l need any equations.

7. May 10, 2016 #6

BvU

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Probably, but Ezgie has to tell us (she looks different alll of a sudden ?) , hence my post #2.

8. May 10, 2016 #7
    It is collimating/expanding not parallel.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted