1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I Effect of Collimated lens on Gauss Beam

1. May 10, 2016 #1
    Hello everyone,

I am trying to find effect of collimated lens on gaussian beam propagation. Do you know how to solve that? I need any equations ,then going to use them via matlab.

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. May 10, 2016 #2

BvU

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Hello Ezgie, :welcome:

I know about a collimator or a collimating lens to get a collimated beam (nice word for parallel beam), but what is a collimated lens ? Could you elaborate a bit on what it is you want to calculate ?

4. May 10, 2016 #3
    Hello BvU,

Thanks for interesting.I am trying to find how collimated lens does affect on gauss beam waist? I mean also intensity. P.S: beam goes to infinity so f is infinity.

5. May 10, 2016 #4

blue_leaf77

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

It's a problem with the language. If I understand her correctly, she probably wants to ask how a collimated Gaussian beam is affected after passing through a lens.

6. May 10, 2016 #5
    Yes but l need any equations.

7. May 10, 2016 #6

BvU

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Probably, but Ezgie has to tell us (she looks different alll of a sudden ?) , hence my post #2.

8. May 10, 2016 #7
    It is collimating/expanding not parallel.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted