Einstein relativity is invalid

In summary, the conversation is about evaluating a poster's claims in a local forum that Einstein's special relativity is not a valid theory in physics. The poster provides a link to a 5-page paper and argues that the Lorentz transformation cannot be incorporated into any theory of physics. However, this argument is not valid as it would also make Newtonian physics invalid. The conversation concludes that the claims made by the poster are incorrect and relativity has been validated numerous times.
Spikemarlene
Hi,

Need your help to unravel the claims made by a poster in my local forum, if it has any merits. I do not have the expertise to evaluate his claims but am hoping if you can give me a few points on his line of reasoning, if it is faulty or not. I have a general background in undergraduate physics.

Thanks in advance.

This is the website where the detail of the claims can be found
[Link deleted by mentor]

The author posted this in my local forum,
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4213664

By Chan Rasjid
"I have written a short 5-page paper that explains simply why Einstein's special relativity is not a valid theory in physics. It could be downloaded as a pdf file from my website.

"The Lorentz Transformation Cannot Be Physical"
pages :5
[Link deleted by mentor]

Abstract. "The Lorentz transformation will always remain only as an abstract mathematical transformation that cannot be incorporated into any theory of physics. The reason being there is no natural principle that a mathematical transformation carries over association of physical units with real numbers from the domain space to the image space. Any application of the Lorentz transformation will only result in space and time that have no relation to our physical world. All physical theories founded on the Lorentz transformation are invalid. These include Einstein’s special relativity, particle physics, electromagnetism of the Maxwell-Heaviside equations."Chan Rasjid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Spikemarlene said:
if it has any merits

It doesn't. His basic claim is that mathematically transforming the components of a vector from one frame to another doesn't take the units along, so to speak. But if that were true, it would apply just as well to the Galilean transformations used in Newtonian physics. So if relativity is invalid by his argument, so is Newtonian physics. Yet he accepts Newtonian physics as valid.

It's not really possible to go further than that unless this person comes here himself to defend his position (if he can do so without violating PF rules).

Btw, I have changed the level of this thread to "B", which seems much more appropriate.

I'm sorry but we don't debunk pseudoscience or crackpots here at PF. Anyone claiming that relativity is invalid is simply incorrect. It's been validated an uncountable number of times (such as every time you use GPS).

Thread locked.

Likes vanhees71

What is Einstein's theory of relativity?

Einstein's theory of relativity is a set of two theories: Special Relativity and General Relativity. These theories explain how gravity works and how objects behave in motion.

What does it mean for Einstein's relativity to be invalid?

To say that Einstein's relativity is invalid means that the theories have been proven wrong or inaccurate. This would mean that our understanding of the universe and its laws would need to be reevaluated.

What evidence supports the validity of Einstein's relativity?

There is a significant amount of evidence that supports the validity of Einstein's relativity. This includes experiments, observations, and technological advancements that have been made possible by the theories.

Is there any scientific consensus on the validity of Einstein's relativity?

Yes, there is a strong scientific consensus on the validity of Einstein's relativity. The theories have been tested and verified by numerous scientists and experiments, and they continue to be the basis of many modern scientific discoveries.

What would happen if Einstein's relativity was proven to be invalid?

If Einstein's relativity was proven to be invalid, it would mean that our current understanding of the universe is incomplete or incorrect. It would require a significant reevaluation of our scientific theories and could potentially lead to new discoveries and advancements in our understanding of the universe.