Electric field and potential on x-axis from y-axis dipole

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
yosite
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
I have a question.. between electric dipole in Y-axis... will the electric potential and electric field on some points along X-axis can be 0?? if this really can... can you show me the calculation or prove to get this?? THX
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Because I don't know how... using what formula to count?... If I'm able to do it. Why I post and ask here...
 
yosite said:
Because I don't know how... using what formula to count?... If I'm able to do it. Why I post and ask here...
What is an electric dipole? Once you know what a dipole is, you can calculate the electric field using Coulomb's law. Consult your course text or lecture notes.