notaphysmajor Messages 2 Reaction score 0 Thread starter Feb 6, 2016 #1 Homework Statement Homework Equations |E| = (Kq)/r^2 The Attempt at a Solution I'm not really sure if there is a difference between part (a) and part (b)
Homework Statement Homework Equations |E| = (Kq)/r^2 The Attempt at a Solution I'm not really sure if there is a difference between part (a) and part (b)
BvU Science Advisor Homework Helper Messages 16,222 Reaction score 4,937 Feb 6, 2016 #2 Hello NPM, well, from your relevant equation I wouldn't be able to see a difference! You need something more, about the direction perhaps ! Can you sketch the fields close to the charges in the two cases (there the 'other charge' hasn't got much influence) ?
Hello NPM, well, from your relevant equation I wouldn't be able to see a difference! You need something more, about the direction perhaps ! Can you sketch the fields close to the charges in the two cases (there the 'other charge' hasn't got much influence) ?
berkeman Admin Messages 69,781 Reaction score 25,629 Feb 28, 2016 #3 notaphysmajor said: Homework Statement Homework Equations |E| = (Kq)/r^2 The Attempt at a Solution I'm not really sure if there is a difference between part (a) and part (b) They are very different. Why?
notaphysmajor said: Homework Statement Homework Equations |E| = (Kq)/r^2 The Attempt at a Solution I'm not really sure if there is a difference between part (a) and part (b) They are very different. Why?