Electrical & Electronic Engineering ( Health & Safety knowledge questions)

In summary, the individual is new to the site and is studying Electrical & Electronic Engineering with a focus on Health & Safety. They are seeking specific websites for assistance with their assignments. The individual also shares their interest in renewable energy and their plans for the future. They then ask for help with specific questions related to electrical bonding/earthing and wiring operations.
Valkyrie1
Hey all I'm new to this site and I got to say after lurking around for a while and browsing this is a great site. I'm in my first year studying Electrical & Electronic Engineering and I got my heart towards getting into university to gain a HNC or HND.

I have a lot of questions to answer (130 specifically) about Health & Safety such as:
Wiring electrical equipment and circuits.
Working safely in an Engineering enviroment.
Using and communicating technical information and a few more subjects.

I have a very short time to hand my work in and I'm not looking for the answers lol that wouldn't exactly make me a good engineer, but if anyone has any specific websites they could share would be a great help and save me a lot of time.

What made me go into Engineering was my interest in renewable energy, I really enjoy studying E & E Engineering I think it's a great subject, I prefer the practical side a lot more but I'm sure who wouldn't. From researching a lot about Electrical Engineers there's quite a a lot of work in the U.K and abroad, I start my second year this september and I'm gunna learn a new language possibly french.

If anyone feels they could share some good advice your really welcome.

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Valkyrie1 said:
Hey all I'm new to this site and I got to say after lurking around for a while and browsing this is a great site. I'm in my first year studying Electrical & Electronic Engineering and I got my heart towards getting into university to gain a HNC or HND.

I have a lot of questions to answer (130 specifically) about Health & Safety such as:
Wiring electrical equipment and circuits.
Working safely in an Engineering enviroment.
Using and communicating technical information and a few more subjects.

I have a very short time to hand my work in and I'm not looking for the answers lol that wouldn't exactly make me a good engineer, but if anyone has any specific websites they could share would be a great help and save me a lot of time.

What made me go into Engineering was my interest in renewable energy, I really enjoy studying E & E Engineering I think it's a great subject, I prefer the practical side a lot more but I'm sure who wouldn't. From researching a lot about Electrical Engineers there's quite a a lot of work in the U.K and abroad, I start my second year this september and I'm gunna learn a new language possibly french.

If anyone feels they could share some good advice your really welcome.

Thanks

Welcome to the PF.

Google will be your friend on that assignment. If you Google the question, and maybe add a couple more search terms to narrow the search (often I find the term +tutorial helpful), you should be able to do most of the assignment fairly quickly. If you have a specific question that you are having trouble figuring out on your own, post it here and we will try to give you some hints or point you to a specific website.

Thank you

E & E Engineering, Health & Safety questions

Hi

I'm in my first year of Electrical & Electronic Engineering and I need some help with my Health & Safety Knowledge Questions, I've tried google without success.

Out of a 130 questions I have a couple left:

Why is electrical bonding/earthing critical?

Why must electrical bonding/earthing be both mechanically and electrically secure?

What problems can occur with the wiring operations and how can these be overcome?

How do you use BS7671/IEE wiring regulations when selecting wires and cables?

What methods are used to terminate electrical equipment?
Such as: plugs and sockets, soldering; screwed clamped and crimped connections.

I hope someone can help

Thanks

Valkyrie1 said:
Hi

I'm in my first year of Electrical & Electronic Engineering and I need some help with my Health & Safety Knowledge Questions, I've tried google without success.

Out of a 130 questions I have a couple left:

Why is electrical bonding/earthing critical?

Why must electrical bonding/earthing be both mechanically and electrically secure?

What problems can occur with the wiring operations and how can these be overcome?

How do you use BS7671/IEE wiring regulations when selecting wires and cables?

What methods are used to terminate electrical equipment?
Such as: plugs and sockets, soldering; screwed clamped and crimped connections.

I hope someone can help

Thanks

Per the PF rules, you need to show your work on your questions before we can be of tutorial help. What are your thoughts on each of these questions?

1. What is the importance of health and safety in electrical and electronic engineering?

Health and safety is crucial in electrical and electronic engineering to prevent accidents and injuries in the workplace. It also ensures compliance with laws and regulations, protects the well-being of employees, and helps maintain a safe and productive working environment.

2. What are the common hazards in electrical and electronic engineering?

The most common hazards in electrical and electronic engineering include electric shock, burns, fire, explosions, and exposure to hazardous substances. These hazards can result from faulty equipment, improper use of tools, or failure to follow safety procedures.

3. How can I protect myself from electrical hazards?

To protect yourself from electrical hazards, always follow safety procedures and guidelines, wear appropriate personal protective equipment, and regularly inspect equipment for any defects. It is also essential to receive proper training and be aware of potential hazards in the workplace.

4. What are the safety precautions when working with electrical equipment?

Some safety precautions when working with electrical equipment include ensuring the power is turned off before making any adjustments, using insulated tools, and avoiding contact with live circuits. It is also crucial to maintain a clean and organized workspace and to never work alone in hazardous areas.

5. How can I ensure compliance with health and safety regulations in electrical and electronic engineering?

To ensure compliance with health and safety regulations, it is essential to regularly review and update safety policies and procedures, provide proper training to employees, and conduct safety audits and inspections. It is also crucial to report any safety concerns or incidents promptly and to make necessary changes to prevent similar incidents from occurring in the future.