1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

[Electrical Engineering]Finding current with mesh analysis(ac)

1. Apr 10, 2013 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    hihi_zps4f36d16a.png
    The question asks me to find io by using mesh analysis.

2. Relevant equations
    KCL

3. The attempt at a solution
    In fact, the question also asks me to find it by superposition and I found the answer should be:
    i0=0.1+0.218 cos⁡(2000t+134°)-1.18 sin⁡(4000t+7.4°)

But I don't know how to use mesh analysis to solve the circuit with independent sources of different frequency.

Thanks for reading my post.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 10, 2013 #2

gneill

Staff: Mentor

Hi equalP; Welcome to Physics Forums.

The idea behind using superposition is that you can solve for the effect of each source independently (by suppressing the others), then sum the results.

4. Apr 10, 2013 #3
    Is it possible for me to solve this problem by using mesh analysis directly?

5. Apr 10, 2013 #4

gneill

Staff: Mentor

No, the impedances of the reactive elements are different for different frequencies. As a result, each source "sees" a different network, which will make the impedance matrices differ.

6. Apr 10, 2013 #5
    Thank you. And I think the assignment may want me to write down it is impossible and explain why.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted