1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engineering Electrical vs Chemical Engineering

1. Dec 9, 2011 #1
    Recently, I decided that I am going to do a minor in Computer Engineering (whether it's at Canada or here in Colombia).

However, I haven't decided my major. If i win the scholarship in Canada, I would have 2 extra years to choose, but if I stay here in Colombia, I have to choose in May.

Electrical and Chemical are the 2 majors I am thinking about right now. I don't know which one pays better here in Colombia, and in Canada i wouldn't worry because both pay incredibly well.

I like more electrical in the sense that I like all the topics and because it might combine better with the minor in Computer Engineering.

On the other hand, Chemical lends itself more to create a business. I really like a lot the areas of chemical I like, maybe even more than what I like the areas in electrical. However, there are some areas of Chemical I don't like.

So what should I study? any advice?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 9, 2011 #2
    go to mit ocw and look at some of the lecture notes and materials for ChE, you could easily waste a lot of time / effort taking some of those classes if you later decide that the program isn't right for you.

however, EE makes a lot more sense with the CoE minor, and those two departments really have a lot of overlap.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook