Electrocution From Earphones In Phone That Was Charging ?

• Thread starter morrobay
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Charging
In summary, electrocution from earphones in a phone that was charging is caused by a combination of the charging voltage and electric current from the earphones. It is not safe to use earphones while your phone is charging, as this can increase the risk of an electric shock. Using third-party earphones can also increase this risk due to a lack of quality control and safety standards. To prevent electrocution, it is important to use high-quality earphones provided by the phone manufacturer and avoid using them while your phone is charging. If you experience an electric shock from your earphones while your phone is charging, seek immediate medical attention.
morrobay
Gold Member
Can someone explain how someone was electrocuted while wearing earphones from a phone that was being charged ?
https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1011361-construction-worker-dies-while-charging-his-phone-at-chonburi-rooms/

Engineering news on Phys.org
Police "brush-off?"

Likes Tom.G

1. What causes electrocution from earphones in a phone that was charging?

Electrocution from earphones in a phone that was charging is caused by a combination of two factors: the charging voltage and the electric current from the earphones. When both of these factors are present, it can result in a dangerous electric shock.

2. Is it safe to use earphones while my phone is charging?

It is not recommended to use earphones while your phone is charging. This is because the earphones may carry an electrical current, which can combine with the charging voltage and cause an electric shock.

3. Can using third-party earphones increase the risk of electrocution?

Yes, using third-party earphones can increase the risk of electrocution. These earphones may not have the same level of quality control and safety standards as the ones provided by the phone manufacturer, making them more prone to electrical malfunctions.

4. How can I prevent electrocution from earphones in a phone that was charging?

To prevent electrocution from earphones in a phone that was charging, it is important to use high-quality earphones provided by the phone manufacturer. Additionally, avoid using earphones while your phone is charging and make sure to unplug your phone before using earphones.

5. What should I do if I experience an electric shock from my earphones while my phone is charging?

If you experience an electric shock from your earphones while your phone is charging, seek medical attention immediately. Even if the shock does not seem serious, it is important to get checked by a medical professional to ensure there are no underlying injuries.