Electromagnetic induction graph of E versus I

In summary, an electromagnetic induction graph of E versus I depicts the relationship between induced electromotive force (E) and current (I) in a conductor placed in a changing magnetic field. It is useful for understanding electromagnetic induction and predicting the behavior of electrical circuits and devices. The shape of the graph is affected by various factors such as the strength and direction of the magnetic field, rate of change of the magnetic field, and properties of the conductor. A straight line on the graph represents a proportional relationship between E and I, while the slope of the graph represents the rate of change of E with respect to I, providing information about the strength of the magnetic field or properties of the conductor.
delsoo

Homework Statement

for this question, i only know that E=-L dI/dt... the ans is C , can anyone explain how to get C?

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Attachments

• DSC_0135~5.jpg
    DSC_0135~5.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 428
  • DSC_0136~2.jpg
    DSC_0136~2.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 444
Physics news on Phys.org
Your "I only know" expression does not apply. I is in the big coil, not in the little rectangular one.

"Carrying a variable I" here means they are able to set the current to a number of values. (*) You may assume dI/dt = 0.

(*) So what do they vary in this way ? Aha!

1. What is an electromagnetic induction graph of E versus I?

An electromagnetic induction graph of E versus I shows the relationship between the induced electromotive force (E) and the current (I) produced in a conductor when it is placed in a changing magnetic field.

2. How is an electromagnetic induction graph of E versus I useful?

It is useful for understanding the principles of electromagnetic induction and for predicting the behavior of electrical circuits and devices.

3. What factors affect the shape of an electromagnetic induction graph of E versus I?

The shape of the graph is affected by the strength and direction of the magnetic field, the rate of change of the magnetic field, and the properties of the conductor such as its length, material, and resistance.

4. What does a straight line on an electromagnetic induction graph of E versus I represent?

A straight line on the graph represents a proportional relationship between E and I, meaning that as one increases, the other also increases in a linear manner.

5. What is the significance of the slope on an electromagnetic induction graph of E versus I?

The slope of the graph represents the rate of change of E with respect to I, also known as the induced emf per unit current. This can provide information about the strength of the magnetic field or the properties of the conductor.