I Electromagnetic wave, electromagnetic field and quantas

• Thread starter gianeshwar
  • Start date
As I understand space time fabric is exclusively the Gravitational field according to Einstein.So every field wave or interaction is contained in the Gravitational Field.This fabric of spacetime(gravitational field) is having properties of inertia and elasticity that is why gravitational waves are possible and have been detected in LIGO antennae.
Now my problem is to know how electromagnetic fields and their waves are acting in this container( all pervading ) fabric of spacetime(Gravitational field).
Also electromagnetic wave is possible due to elasticity and inertia properties of the vacuum(again spacetime and hence Gravitational field).So both gravitational wave and electromagnetic wave and their quantas and their generating fields are there in all pervading spacetime(finite and unbounded as I understand).Yes I understand that gravitational field itself is the container.
I want to understand the exact picture of locations and distributions of all fields ,waves and quantas(appearing on interactions of probably fields)
Please correct me if my query is irrelevant. Thanks

jbriggs444

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Also electromagnetic wave is possible due to elasticity and inertia properties of the vacuum(again spacetime and hence Gravitational field).
You seem to want a mechanical explanation for electromagnetism in terms of inertia and elasticity. There is not one.

There is no mechanical fabric of space time with inertia and elasticity in the first place. That's just a crude metaphor. Electromagnetism is not explained in terms of such a fabric anyway. More generally in physics there is no mechanical explanation for anything. Mathematical models are as good as it gets. Quantum electrodynamics is the most fundamental model we have for electromagnetism. It operates on an assumed background of Minkowski geometry.

Thanks!