Emergent spacetime & matter

• Thread starter lucas_
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

Supersymmetry interachanges bosons and fermions and can make bosons transform into fermions and vice versa...

is there equivalent in quantum gravity where spacetime and matter can transform to each other and spacetime can become matter and matter can become spacetime..

isn't something akin to this was what Einstein had been working on in the Unified Field theory? What's the modern day equivalent of interachanging spacetime and matter.. any papers, references, studies?

Answers and Replies

wabbit
Gold Member
Perhaps this might be of interest :
http://arxiv.org/abs/1502.06539
Fields as Bodies: a unified presentation of spacetime and internal gauge symmetry
David Wallace
(Submitted on 23 Feb 2015)
Using the parametrised representation of field theory (in which the location in spacetime of a part of a field is itself represented by a map from the base manifold to Minkowski spacetime) I demonstrate that in both local and global cases, internal (Yang-Mills-type) and spacetime (Poincar\'{e}) symmetries can be treated precisely on a par, so that gravitational theories may be regarded as gauge theories in a completely standard sense

Jimster41
Gold Member
kewl

Not that I fully understand it, but reading Susskind TM (book 1) has got me further into it before losing track.

Last edited: