1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engineering career conlsultation

1. Oct 30, 2012 #1
    hi i am senior in high school and looking forward to engineering. i am currently interested in software engineering and would like any advice/information that's helpful. i have heard its a good career, but for some reason it seems that its not very common among engineering, as i have seen that a lot of colleges don't have it (this forum doesn't have a section for software engineering either). i also heard that software engineers get outsourced after couple of years so please let me know if that's true. my school doesn't have that many computer classes but i have taken Business computer applications I - II.

my other interests were chemical/petroleum engineering and engineering management so any information/advice on that would be helpful as well

thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 31, 2012 #2
    Software engineering probably shows up as Computer Science at lots of colleges.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook