1. PF Contest - Win "Conquering the Physics GRE" book! Click Here to Enter
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engineering MS with a bachelors in business?

1. Sep 25, 2010 #1
    Hello two years ago I graduated from a private college in missouri with a bachelors in business administration. One year before I graduated I was 100% sure I wanted to go back and get a bachelors degree in engineering. I am now one semester away from getting an associate in engineering from a community college in kansas city. I am wondering if going straight into a masters engineering program from here would be a good idea or not. I intend to go into environmental engineering. Eventually consulting. Would this be a good idea or would i be setting myself up for failure? Any comments are much appreciated. Again, I will complete my associate in engineering one semester from now. An associates in engineering includes all math classes including calculus 3 and differential EQ, statics, dynamics, circuit theory, thermodynamics, and strength of materials. So I will have had all of these courses. How possible and practical is it to go for a masters in environmental engineering from here?
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 25, 2010 #2

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2017 Award

You should look at the program you have in mind and see what prerequisites they expect.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook