Graphing enthalpy change of 1 lb ice to water from -35°F to 50°F with BTU

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter pipor
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Ice Vapor
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
pipor
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi!,If someone could help me. I need to show on a graph (line) the change of state of 1 lb of ice, to water. From -35 degrees F to 50 degrees F showing the BTU's required to do so. And where the latent heat and sensible heat come into the graph. I hope someone understands what I'm saying and can give me some help. Thanks
 
Physics news on Phys.org
If you plot heat flow on the x-axis and temperature on the y axis, can you determine the shape of the graph over the following temperature ranges:

a) -50C to 0C
b) at 0C
c) 0C to 100C
d) 100C +

ie what is the rate of temperature change with heat flow into the ice over each of these temperature ranges?

AM