1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Courses EPhysics major taking 6 courses in CS/SE -- Which to choose?

1. Aug 11, 2016 #1
    I'm an Engineering Physics major (basically the same as Physics) and recently I've developed an interest in working as a programmer. I will be allowed to take 6 additional CS/SE courses and I wanted to ask you which should I choose, that satisfies the following conditions:

-They will give me marketable skills.

-I've already taken two computational physics courses, and one numerical methods course. So preferentially it cant be about this sort of stuff.

-I will have something to bring to the table given that I know a lot of physics and mathematics (consider my major vs the regular CS major). I consider this important because in this way the knowledge acquired during my major won't be useless and will make me competitive against regular CS majors.

What should I choose? I'm pretty sure I'm going to have a huge variety of options because I'm going to do an int exchange to a good university for CS and I've already seen their available courses.

As far as I know, these will be the available courses

http://catalog.illinois.edu/courses-of-instruction/cs/

thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 11, 2016 #2
  4. Aug 11, 2016 #3
    Im going for international exchange though, I dont think the university will grant me a minor.

edit: I think I understand your point now, hehe.

5. Aug 11, 2016 #4
    If not, choose your six courses from that list.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted