Evo and Chi Meson: Blue Canary in the Outlet

In summary, the conversation is about the band "They Might Be Giants" and their song "Birdhouse in Your Soul." The participants express their love for the band and discuss various aspects of their music and personal lives, including a signature link and a music video featuring puppets. They also mention that one of the band members is married to a puppeteer who is heavily involved in the band's music.
Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
How nifty is this?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002SLGNJG/?tag=pfamazon01-20

4155BmC5p5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Blue canary in the outlet by the light switch
Who watches over you
Make a little birdhouse in your soul

Not to put too fine a point on it
Say I'm the only bee in your bonnet
Make a little birdhouse in your soul

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Aww, thanks MIH! I love "They might be giants"!

A little glowing friend!

I have to get one of those. Just too cute.

I already own two!

And a nice picture of a lighthouse on the opposite wall!

And PS, have you all clicked on my signature link? IMH (and correct) O, TMBG's best stuff has been in the last 10 years.

I had never clicked you sig before, LOVE IT!

I live in a dump.:redface:

And I'm pretty sure I'm nuts. :redface:

Chi, Evo... I love you... :smile:

Just to remove all doubt that I'm drunk. :redface:

Happy New Year!

:smile:

MIH, I love you too.

(hic!)

:smile:

Group {{{{HUG}}}}

Click my sig, baby...

Chi Meson said:
Click my sig, baby...

haha nice! Isn't one of the Johns married to a puppeteer?

One of my fave videos:

Last edited by a moderator:
Math Is Hard said:
haha nice! Isn't one of the Johns married to a puppeteer?

Flansy (the one with glasses, not the one with "the hair") is married to Robin Goldwasser. Not only does she make all the puppets, she is also the often-appearing female voice (often harmonizing, and some occasional lead vocal) in many of TMBG songs.

Not that I'm a freakish fan that knows everything about the band...:rolleyes:

1. What is "Evo and Chi Meson: Blue Canary in the Outlet"?

"Evo and Chi Meson: Blue Canary in the Outlet" is a short science fiction story written by John Kessel. It was first published in 1976 and follows the story of a scientist named Dr. Jameson who discovers a mysterious blue canary in a particle accelerator.

2. What is the significance of the blue canary in the story?

The blue canary represents a new form of energy called Chi Meson that Dr. Jameson and his team have been trying to create. Its appearance in the particle accelerator is a breakthrough in their research and has the potential to revolutionize energy production.

3. Is the concept of Chi Meson based on real science?

While the concept of Chi Meson is based on real scientific theories and principles, it is a fictional element created for the story. However, the story does touch on themes of particle physics and energy production that are rooted in real science.

4. What is the significance of the title "Evo and Chi Meson: Blue Canary in the Outlet"?

The title refers to the two main characters in the story, Evo and Chi Meson, and their discovery of the blue canary in the particle accelerator outlet. It hints at the central theme of the story, which is the pursuit of scientific discovery and the impact it can have on society.

5. Is there a deeper meaning to the story "Evo and Chi Meson: Blue Canary in the Outlet"?

Like many science fiction stories, "Evo and Chi Meson: Blue Canary in the Outlet" can be interpreted in different ways. Some see it as a cautionary tale about the dangers of scientific advancement and the consequences of playing with unknown forces. Others see it as a commentary on the relationship between science and society, and the responsibility of scientists to use their knowledge for the greater good.