Excluding data for a linear regression in OpenOffice

In summary, for a chemistry lab's calorimetry experiment, it is suggested to take the line of best fit from the peak temperature onwards and extrapolate to y = 0, excluding the initial data. This can be done by plotting the data from 25 seconds onward as one data series, fitting them, and then adding the data points from <25s as a second data series onto the same graph.
xAXISx
For my chemistry lab, in order to computer change in temperature for a calorimetry experiment we're suggested to take the line of best fit from the peak temperature onwards (excluding the initial data) and extrapolate to y = 0. For example, here's some of the data I gathered:

A, Trial 2
Time (s) Temp (°C)
5 29.0
10 31.0
15 33.0
20 33.5
25 34.0
30 34.0
40 33.5
50 33.5
60 33.5
70 33.0
80 33.0
90 33.0
120 32.5
150 32.5
180 32.5
210 32.0
240 32.0
270 32.0

Basically, I want to take the line of best fit from 25 seconds on (as this is the peak of the temperature), excluding everything else. I want to put this line on the same graph as the data itself. Is there any way to exclude data when calculating the line of best fit?

Computer science news on Phys.org
I would plot the data from 25 seconds onward as one data series, fit them, then add the data points from < 25s as a second data series onto the same graph.

1. How do I exclude data for a linear regression in OpenOffice?

To exclude data for a linear regression in OpenOffice, you can use the "Data Range" option in the "Data" tab. Simply select the range of data you want to exclude and click on "Delete" in the "Edit" menu. This will remove the selected data from your regression analysis.

2. Can I exclude multiple data points for a linear regression in OpenOffice?

Yes, you can exclude multiple data points for a linear regression in OpenOffice. Simply select the data points you want to exclude using the "Data Range" option and click on "Delete" in the "Edit" menu. This will remove all the selected data points from your regression analysis.

3. How do I know if the excluded data has affected my linear regression results in OpenOffice?

You can check if the excluded data has affected your linear regression results by running the regression analysis with and without the excluded data. If there is a significant difference in the results, then the excluded data may have had an impact on the regression.

4. Can I undo the exclusion of data for a linear regression in OpenOffice?

Yes, you can undo the exclusion of data for a linear regression in OpenOffice by using the "Undo" option in the "Edit" menu. This will restore the previously excluded data and the regression analysis will be recalculated.

5. How do I exclude data for a linear regression if my data is in a different sheet in OpenOffice?

If your data is in a different sheet in OpenOffice, you can still exclude it for a linear regression. Simply select the data range in the other sheet and use the "Data Range" option in the "Data" tab to exclude it from the regression analysis.