Exist Devices to Assist in Exerting 160+ Lbs of Force?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
socalfusions
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Do any devices exist that can assist your arms in exerting a force of 160 lbs or more in a direction of such where you would have your arms extended and move them up and down, like flapping wings for example, to the effect that you would be using the minimum amount of effort required which would be you just moving your arms and not actually have to support the required weight?

In another post I made about what devices could help in exerting a force of 160 lbs or greater someone mentioned linear actuators, which looked very promising, but I haven't come across solid enough information of whether they could obtain what I am looking for.

Perhaps my more detailed explanation in this thread will be more helpful in determining whether such technology exists, thanks in advance.
 
Physics news on Phys.org


Linear actuators, some form of hydraulic ram system or a screw jack.

That's the best I can come up with.
 


jarednjames said:
Linear actuators, some form of hydraulic ram system or a screw jack.

That's the best I can come up with.

Thanks I'll try to do some more research on these suggestions.

russ_watters said:
A lever.

Can you elaborate some more please? :-p
 


socalfusions said:
Can you elaborate some more please? :-p

A big lever?

But seriously, with enough leverage, providing the lever material is up to it, you can lift anything.