Expanding universe or tired light in a static universe?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 4K views
Astronomy news on Phys.org
Ennio said:
Has anyone read the book of this author? What is your opinion about this topic?

https://www.google.de/search?q=tire...j5vfAhXK2qQKHdHsD6AQ_AUIDygC&biw=1280&bih=623

He sites a peer reviewed paper by C.S. Chen. I do not have access to the full article. The abstract clearly says "blue shift" and "red shift". Lyndon Ashmore's https://www.researchgate.net/publication/228730621_Intrinsic_Plasma_Redshifts_Now_Reproduced_In_The_Laboratory-a_Discussion_in_Terms_of_New_Tired_Light (page 2, left column, second paragraph) claims Chen's research shows no blue shift. That looks like a contradiction.
 
stefan r said:
He sites a peer reviewed paper by C.S. Chen. I do not have access to the full article. The abstract clearly says "blue shift" and "red shift". Lyndon Ashmore's https://www.researchgate.net/publication/228730621_Intrinsic_Plasma_Redshifts_Now_Reproduced_In_The_Laboratory-a_Discussion_in_Terms_of_New_Tired_Light (page 2, left column, second paragraph) claims Chen's research shows no blue shift. That looks like a contradiction.

Here you can find his publication to download. I have bought and read the book: really interesting
https://www.scirp.org/journal/PaperInformation.aspx?PaperID=70089
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: TEFLing
davenn said:
Well if he is writing about "tired light", I wouldn't take his writings too seriously because tired light is not a correct idea/theory
If red shift is called "tired" then blue shift would have to be "wakeful". No wonder those ideas have no credence these days.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn and gneill
Tired light in a static universe predicts a constant shift in wavelength - while what is observed are doppler shifts, change in wavelength increasing with wavelength...